By the Buyers
How do I place an order?
To place an order, click "Buy Now" to add the product to your "Bag". If you have finished your shopping, you can proceed with the checkout steps. You will be asked to choose a payment method and to provide your shipping and billing address. To finalise the order, you must also indicate that you accept our general terms and conditions by checking the box provided for this purpose. You will receive an order confirmation by e-mail when you have successfully completed all the checkout steps.
What are my payment options?
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard) - no extra charge
- Invoice or payment slip (by e-mail invoice fees: 4.90.- / by post invoice fees: 6.90.-)
- MyPrivateWallet (Virtual Wallet)
Is my purchase secured?
All transactions made on MyPrivateCellar are secured. For any chosen payment options, we use the highest security standards in e-commerce. The payment data is encrypted and transmitted to SaferPay or SwissBilling through a secure system.
How can I make a purchase using MyPrivateWallet (Virtual Wallet)?
If you have credit available in your Virtual Wallet, you will be offered the opportunity of using them at check-out. If you wish to pay for an order using these credits, you must select MyPrivateWallet as a payment option during check-out.
Your credits on MyPrivateWallet can be used on MyPrivateCellar, MyPrivateBoutique and MyPrivateDressing.
Please note that once an order has been confirmed, you will no longer be able to use your credits towards this order.
When will I receive my purchase confirmation?
A few moments after you successfully place an order, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with your order details.
When will I pay for my order?
For payments by credit card or virtual wallet, you will be debited once you have received your order.
For payments by invoice, you will receive your bill shortly after reception of your order and you will have a 30 days payment term from this date.
How can you guarantee authenticity?
On MyPrivateCellar, authenticity is 100% guaranteed. We take this very seriously and make all efforts to fight counterfeiting.
We have a zero-tolerance policy concerning the sale of replicas. If we notice any attempts of fraud, the Seller will be immediately banned and we will reserve the right to take legal action.
In any case we actively encourage you to inform us about any potential fraud you would notice in order to protect the MyPrivate community from counterfeits.
What is your order cancellation policy?
Unfortunately, you cannot cancel your order.
How does shipping work?
After you have successfully placed an order, the Seller has 3 business days to dispatch the item.
All parcels will be dispatched through Swiss Post Vinolog registered services only. When a Seller confirms dispatch, you will receive an email confirmation with your parcel's Swiss Post tracking code.
How much are the shipping costs?
You will pay a CHF 9,90 flat rate for shipping (regardless of parcel size and weight). Shipping is free of charge from a minimum amount of CHF 200.-
When will the Seller ship my parcel?
The Seller is requested to ship your order as soon as possible. It is important to note that the sooner the parcel is sent, the sooner the Seller will receive payment. Also, you will only be debited following your parcel reception, so you don't have to worry about paying for an item which hasn’t been shipped to you. Please note that the Seller is asked to dispatch the item 3 business days following Order Purchase confirmation.
Can I track my order?
Yes, as soon as your order has been dispatched you will be provided with your parcel's tracking information and electronic Track & Trace link in the e-mail dispatch confirmation.
When will I receive my order?
Once you have received an e-mail dispatch confirmation with your parcel's registered tracking number, you can expect to get your order in 3-4 business days by registered post. For real-time information on your order shipment status, you can always check the parcel's tracking number.
What can I do if I never receive the item?
First, please check your parcel's tracking link and contact the Seller directly through our messaging system. If you are unable to reach a solution you can contact our customer care team who will be happy to assist you: email@example.com
What happens if I am unavailable to retrieve the parcel from the Post Office?
You will be notified to collect your parcel from the closest post office or any other pick-up address within 5 business days. If you do not claim your parcel in the time frame mentioned above, it will be shipped back to the Seller who will be charged for the return. This order will be cancelled, but you will be debited for the additional shipping and administrative costs (2x flat shipping rate of CHF 9.-).
Can I return an order?
There is no return possibility.
By the Sellers
Why should I sell on MyPrivateCellar
It is likely that there are many things in your cellar that you no longer want to keep and have a good chance of selling on MyPrivateCellar. We want to help you convert your Cellar into money. When you sell on MyPrivateCellar, here are your benefits:
- Engagement: we offer you a community of 500 000 active and targeted audience.
- Expertise: you benefit from our team of online shops experts to best showcase your product listings with professional translations and optimized pictures.
- Sell anytime, anywhere: our web and mobile platforms are simple and user friendly. In just a few clicks, you will be able to create a great product listing!
- Visibility: you will benefit from all our marketing activities on Social Media, Newsletters, Google search engine etc…
- Loyalty: you can build your own reputation and customer base by offering great service and products.
- Earnings: we charge no listing fees and offer a reasonable commission rates so you can earn maximum value when you selll.
- Trade: when you turn your cellar into cash or you can use your credit at on MyPrivateBoutique, MyprivateDressing or MyPrivateCellar. This means that you can earn money while you spend and boost your shopping budget.
What can I sell?
You can sell premium and luxury wine, champagne, spirits brands provided that they have been stored in good condition:
All product listings will be carefully reviewed before being published. When you create a product listing, this validation process will be performed within 2 business days.
In any case, you will receive an email to inform you about your product listing as soon as the review process has been completed.
Please note that based on our review process we can ask for more details or refuse the listing.
How can I create a product listing?
To create a product listing, you must sign up to be a member of our community. In just a few clicks, you can create a great Product Listing by following the simple steps below:
1) Click on the "Sell" link in the website's main menu
2) Describe the article that you wish to sell using the provided form. Remember to be as precise and realistic as possible. This will increase the likelihood of selling your article.
3) Upload pictures of your article using our simple upload tool. Please follow our photo quality guidelines. You must provide your own original photos.
4) Set a price for your article, you need to determine the amount you would like to earn, but to ensure a high success rate, you also need to be realistic about the value of your product.
5) Validate your product listing. The listing will appear in your account with the status: "Pending Review". We will verify your listing iperform translations of the product description and optimise your product's main picture to increase the likelihood of selling. You will receive an e-mail once the product has been validated. Should we need any additional information, you will be contacted by e-mail.
What are your recommendations for pricing an article?
Pricing depends on demand, exclusivity your listing. You need to determine the amount you would like to earn, but to ensure a high success rate, you also need to be realistic about the value of your product. Remember that our community is looking for deals and will likely be motivated by a great bargain. To increase the likelihood of selling your item, avoid setting the price too high.
What is the promotion program and how can I join?
To increase the likelihood of selling your articles, we have created a special promotion program that you can join if you wish to participate in specific promotional operations. There are 2 possible types of promotion programs:
- Price Reduction: if you join this promotion program, you agree to allow MyPrivateCellar the discretion of reducing your product's price during specific promotional operations. The discount percentage will never exceed 15% of your Selling Price.
You can submit one or more Product Listings to these programs by going to your account and ticking the promotion box for each individual Listings under "My Listings".
Why isn't my product listing visible on your site?
All product listings will be carefully reviewed based on quality criteria before being published. When you create a product listing, this validation process will be performed within 2 business days.
In any case, you will receive an email to inform you about your product listing as soon as the review process has been completed.
Please note that based on our review process we may ask for more details or refuse the listing, in this case.
What do the status details mean for my Product Listings?
Upon submitting your Product Listing, there are different possible statuses for your item:
1) Pending Review: Our team is currently reviewing your Product Listing. Our review is performed based on quality criteria. During the review process, your product listing will also be translated and your item's main picture will be retouched. Should the Listing be incomplete, we may ask for additional information or pictures. The review process can take up to 2 business days. Please note that each information or picture request can delay the process.
2) Approved: Your Product Listing has been approved and is now online in the marketplace! You will receive an e-mail informing you that your Product Listing has been published.
3) Not approved: Unfortunately, your Product Listing has not passed our review process. You will receive an e-mail informing you that the Listing has not been approved. Some reasons for Listing refusal include but are not limited to:
- Authenticity Doubts
- Bad condition / excessive use
- Visible defect(s)
- Product category cannot be sold in our marketplace
- Brand cannot be sold in our marketplace
4) Offline: Product Listings with "Offline" status are currently not visible on the marketplace. Please note that all Listings which have not sold within 6 months will automatically be switched to Offline status. You can republish these Listings at any time.
How can I modify or delete my Product Listing?
At any time, you can amend the price, description and secondary pictures of your listing in your account under "My Listings" by clicking edit/delete in the actions list next to your Product Listing. Please note that the status of your Listing will change to "Pending Review". However, no further translations will be made by our team. Following the review process, you will receive an email confirming the approval of your modifications. If for any reason we cannot approve your modification request, we will also inform you by e-mail.
How does shipping work?
As soon as your Product Listing has been sold, you will be informed by email and requested to ship the product to the Buyer's with the free Vinolog Post sticker provided online. From this date, you are allowed 3 days to ship the parcel with the Vinolog service of Swiss Post.
Please note that it is mandatory to ship the parcel with Swiss Post Vinolog. You can find VinoLog post office locations in Switzerland by clicking here
The Seller is responsible for successful delivery of the item. In case of problems, the Seller is responsible to make a claim against the carrier.
How much are the shipping costs?
The shipping costs will be invoiced at a flat rate of CHF 9,90 - to the Buyer.
Can the Buyer cancels the order?
Cancellation of the order by the Buyer is not possible.
What happens if the Buyer does not collect or accept the parcel?
If the parcel is not collected or accepted by the Buyer, it will be returned to you.
When will I receive the money for the item(s) I have sold?
Once the Buyer receives your parcel, you will receive a credit for your sale to your virtual wallet within next 3-5 business days. Once your MyPrivateWallet (virtual wallet) is credited, you will receive an email confirmation.
What is the MyPrivateCellar commission?
The Commission charged for each sale is 20% of the Item's Price (transfer and administration fee include).
Can the buyer return?
There's no return allowed.
What happens if my product listings don't sell?
We have established a 6 months period for your product listings to sell. If your listing does not sell within this time frame, it will be unpublished but will remain in your account with status set to"offline". You can publish your listing again at any time, by changing the status to "online" but we recommend that you review the description and pricing to increase the likelihood of selling.
How do I create an account?
To become a member of our community, you must first create an account and public profile.
If you are currently part of the community and already have an account on MyPrivateBoutique or MyPrivateCellar, you can simply use your current account's login information. When placing your first order, creating your first Product Listing, or interacting with other members of the community through comments, you will be asked to complete your Public Profile and to choose your Username.
If you are new to the community and need to create an account, please click "Login" in the upper right hand corner of the webpage and then "Register Now". You will be asked to provide a valid E-mail address and Password and to choose your Username. Please note that the Username you choose will be permanent. Once registered, you can complete your Public Profile in your account. Optional information that you can provide on your Public Profile includes Personal Description, City/Canton and Profile Picture. If you do not provide a Profile Picture, please note that you will be attributed an avatar picture. Your private Account information will include your Name, Last Name, Birth Date, E-mail Address, Password and Language. Other private information that can be found in your account includes Billing and Shipping Address as well as your Bank Details. Please note that it is forbidden to share your address and phone number on your public profile.
What elements of my profile will be visible to the community?
Your username, profile picture and short personal description will be visible to the community on your Closet. You can preview your Closet anytime by clicking the "View as everyone" button in your Closet Settings.
What types of emails will I receive if I create an account?
When you create an account on MyPrivateCellar, you will receive confirmation e-mails as well as correspondence history with other members for your orders and listings. By joining our community, you will also opt in to receive our newsletters and special promotions. At any time, you can change the frequency of our e-mails in your account.
What are the different statuses for My Sales & Purchases?
When you login to your account under "Sales & Purchases", you will have an overview of all Listings which you have sold or purchased with each associated Order Status:
- In Process: The sale or purchase is not yet completed.
- Shipped/Invoiced: The item which has been purchased or sold has been dispatched,
- Canceled: The sale or purchase has been cancelled by the Seller or Buyer.
What is My Closet?
Your Closet is your own personal boutique where you can showcase all of the great items that you have available for sale.
How do I navigate in my account?
Once you have logged in, you can access your account by clicking on your name which appears in the upper right hand corner of the webpage. Your account includes the following sections:
- My Listings: includes all Product Listings which you are currently selling or have already sold. You can also access your Draft & Pending Listings here. Each Listing will be presented with the corresponding status (Approved, Pending Review, etc...) and available actions (e.g. Edit, Delete, etc...)
- My Closet: includes public information from your Profile as well as Products which you are currently selling or have sold.
- My Profile: includes Username, Description, Canton and Seller Type. This information will be visible to all members of our community and will introduce and describe your personal Closet space.
- My Transactions: includes the history, statuses (e.g. in process, shipped, canceled, etc..) and possible actions (e.g. initiate return, provide tracking number, etc...).for all Products which you have sold and purchased.
- My Account: includes your Name, Last Name, Birth Date, E-mail, Password and Communication Language. This information is personal and will not be visible to other community members.
- My Billing & Shipping Address: includes your Billing & Shipping addresses. This information cannot be shared with any other members of the community and cannot appear in your Public Profile. When you purchase a Product, your shipping address will be released to the Seller only once the Order is confirmed.
- MyPrivateWallet: includes your Virtual Wallet's Balance, Pending Earnings, Total Earnings, History and Withdrawal Tool.
- My Bank Details: includes your IBAN, Account Owner Name and Address. For any cash withdrawals from your Virtual Wallet, you must provide your Bank Information in this section.
How does MyPrivateWallet (virtual wallet) work?
MyPrivateWallet (Virtual Wallet), contains all the credits that you have earned from selling on our marketplace. The credits which are available to you are indicated in the Balance field. You will also be able to view earnings that are pending the successful completion of the sales process under Pending Earnings.
The Balance shown in MyPrivateWallet can be used towards purchasing any item on MyPrivateCellar, MyPrivateDressing and MyPrivateBoutique. Simply select MyPrivateWallet as a payment option at checkout.
In case you wish to Cashout your earnings to your bank account, your virtual wallet also contains an easy withdrawal tool. Simply provide your bank information under "My Bank Details" and input the amount you wish to withdraw.
The MyPrivateWallet section of your account will also provide a detailed history of all transactions in your Virtual Wallet (including credits, debits and withdrawals).
How does Buyer/Seller communication work?
Before a purchase is confirmed, Buyers and Sellers can communicate through the comments section of Product Pages. Once the purchase has been confirmed, Buyers and Sellers can communicate through private messages to arrange any matters concerning the product sold and / or delivery. To access the direct message option, you must log in to your account and go to "My Transactions". Find the order in question and select "Send Message to Buyer/Seller" from the actions list. For each message sent, the recipient will receive a notification by e-mail.